Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Friday, January 21, 2005

SWINGIN' BACHELOR WEEKEND!

Not really. Although I will be wifeless, and shy of at least two daughters tonight--they're having some sort of sleepover at the church building to work on something that I dare not pry too much into. Somehow, I think that when they all return Saturday, someone ::cough::reba::cough:: will be complaining--a LOT--about having to sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag.

Anyway, that leaves me with Boy and Tiny Angel tonight. I believe we will watch movies and eat junk food and run with sharp implements and make prank phone calls and stay up until 8:30 or even NINE! If I can manage it.

Tomorrow will be interesting--Jonathan got a free family admission ticket to go see the Panthers of Birmingham-Southern take on the Bucaneers of Charleston-Southern in basketball. I'm not really a big basketball fan--let's face it, the reason it was invented was to give the baseball team something to do in the winter--but a free ticket is a free ticket. I'm not sure if Reba and the girls are going or not--Ashley is under the misimpression that the opposing team is South Carolina, and in the sort of delusion only teenaged girls can get, thinks that the two guys she and Mom met at Disneyworld will be at the game, and that she might see them. I'm not sure whether to tell her or not--it would be nice for us to do something all together, and not have her pouting about having to be seen with us. Then again, they might all be so tired from staying up all hours tonight that they won't want to go. Boy is still game for it, though, so it might just be him and me. Which is okay, too. We don't get to do lots of manstuff together.

Anyway, all of you have a great weekend, and come back Monday and see what there is to see.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com