Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Friday, December 10, 2004

WE HAVE A WINNER!!

Famed government contractor and Mercedes-Benz enthusiast Larry Anderson of Kudzu Acres, Alabama FINALLY got the answers to the Trivial Pursuit "Discarded In The Street" Edition quiz.

As he notes, the answers are:

G--Italy
E--Tatum Oneal
H--Normandy
AL--Sherlock Holmes
SN--Charles F. Richter
SL--Dead Man's Hand

Larry's stunning knowledge and ability obviously must be rewarded, and as promised a FABULOUS PRIZE awaits him.

JUST TODAY, I received the following:

No 71 Eletrnal Aveune City
johannesburg South Africa,



VERY URGENT PROPOSAL)

My name is Dr.Felix Baha, I work in the International operation department in a Local Bank here in South Africa. On a routine inspection I discovered a dormant domiciliary account with a Balance of $36,000,000 (Thirty Six Million USD) on further discreet investigation, I also discovered that the account holder has long since passed away (dead) leaving no beneficiary to the account. The bank will approve this money to any foreigner because the former operator of the a/c is a foreigner and from Iraq in particular and I am certainly sure that he is dead, and nobody will come again for the claim of this money A foreigner can only claim this money with legal claims to the account Holder; therefore I need your cooperation in this transaction.

I will provide the necessary information needed in order to claim this money, But you will need to open an account where this can be transferred. If interested send your private Telephone No. And Fax number including full details of the account to be used for the Deposit I wish for utmost confidentiality in handling this transaction as my job and the future of my family would be jeopardized if it were breached.


The informations will be as follows.

Bank Name.........
Bank Address........
A/C Name.............
A/C Number..............
Swift Code No..............
Routing Number................


I want to assure you that the transaction is without risk if due process is followed accordingly. Finally, I will give you 25% for your corporation.

You should try to call me again on any of my satellite phone nos:

[redacted telephone number to keep unscrupulous people from using it]

If you are calling my No. dial the way you use to call other countries, do not put South African area code, because it is a satellite phone,only add your country's dial out and dial direct OK, I am very sure that you will get me on phone.

I look forward to a favorable response from you through email:


Sincerely & Respectfully yours,
Dr.Felix Baha.

Larry, I hereby waive all rights to this treasure. It, my friend, is ALL YOURS!

Thanks to all who played, and Larry, I hope this $36,000,000 (Thirty Six Million USD) that Dr. Baha will be sending you helps you have a very Merry Christmas this year!


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com