Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Monday, December 06, 2004

It is only in the most bizarro of bizarro worlds…

…that perennial second-fiddle, black sheep, ugly redheaded stepchild, bridesmaid-never-a-bride Auburn U. could win an unprecedented 12 regular season football victories without a loss, win the Southeastern Conference championship, be chosen to appear in the Sugar Bowl, and yet be disappointed. ::sigh::

Oh, well. Such is life.

In brighter news, and speaking of redheads, I found out our local post office has taken to hiring statuesque, copper-haired Amazons to staff the front counter, which was a very nice thing to find out. I might have to go mail something every day. Christmas parade? Oh, and how! We must have scored ten pounds of candy--it helps to be at the front of the parade route. Sadly, I got no gaudy plastic beads, despite continually raising my shirt. Go figure. Other stuff? Oh, you bet, but I have some work to get done this morning, so you’ll have to wait a while to find out.

And speaking of football, one surprise was an archaeological artifact I unearthed whilst cleaning the bedroom this weekend. Under the bed was a stack of photos I had gained access to about ten years ago, when I had gone to an event at my old elementary/high school. The place was shutting down, so it was clearance time for old stuff that former students might want to have as keepsakes. Included in the stash was a pile of old class photos and yearbook snapshots. I snagged a few that had me in them, including this one of wooly-haired me, circa 1977.

Ahhhh, football.

Anyway, see you all in just a while.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com