Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Thursday, December 30, 2004

Hey, look! I DID make it back!

Actually, I've been here for an hour now, but I laid low and stayed away from the carnival rides so I could get the rest of my work done. Which it is! Hooray!

Boy is with me also--say hello, Boy: "Hello."

His visit went fine. His doctor is always cutting up and shooting the kids a pretty constant line of BS. We were getting up to leave when one wire-toothed girl came in clutching a ratty spiral-bound notebook and a pencil. "What you got there!? Doing schoolwork? Writing a play?" She grinned and told him she was writing an e-mail.

He and I both had the same look of perplexity on our faces, but luckily I was able to beat him to the corny punchline. "Yeah, Doc--that's one of those notebook computers."

Man, I crack me up.

Anyway, Boy got his mouth worked on some and got his wooden token for wearing his frog tee-shirt, and since we got here he has been quietly drawing all over everything in the office. He grabbed the markers and a long skinny piece of foamcore board and drew a broom so he could pretend to be Harry Potter, and is now in the process of drawing a treasure map. How's it going, Bud?

"Fine."

As for the work on developing some kosher ham and hog jowls for the New Year's feasting, I must confess that this has turned out to be a bit harder than anticipated. Work continues apace.

Hey, did I mention that I've been doing this same sort of crap now for over three years? Thursday, December 20, 2001, Possumblog hit the ether and created such a stir and hue and cry and provocation that at least two people actually were agitated enough to yawn. And now, 4,813 posts and 1,368,333 words later (according to Blogger--so take it with a grain of salt), Possumblog soldiers on into its fourth year full of the same inanity and flaccid prose that has been its hallmark lo these many months. Twenty-aught-five promises much of the same for you loyal readers. The disloyal amongst you are on your own.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com