Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Wednesday, December 29, 2004

And what you've all been waiting on--

Well, maybe not all all, but possibly one of you. I got myself a digital camera!

Yes, I have finally been dragged into the present. Back when I was on vacation, I took Boy out one night to go get his presents for all the girls, and at the same time I decided to shop around. Target, Wal-Mart, Sam's, back to Target, and finally decided to check Staples because I heard an ad on the radio.

They had an HP package deal with an HP407 4.1MP camera and PS245 portable printer for $249. I realize there are better cameras, and printing is expensive, but the package price made it very attractive. I like the portable printer, and we used it when I went to my mom's house last Friday to be able to give her and my sister copies of the photos. I have a hard time getting anything to them with any timeliness because we're always running around, and so it was nice to be able to give them some pictures right then.

The camera itself takes very good quality pictures, although the LCD viewer seems to be very slow, as well as the capture time. As long as everyone is relatively still, it works fine, though, and it is very simple to use. The printer is great for 4x5s--hard to believe they weren't done from negatives onto photo paper.

ANYway, so you might be seeing some more photos on here in the coming year. Speaking of which, a gratuitous photo of Maureen O'Hara, in honor of the receipt from Miss Reba of The Quiet Man on DVD. Haven't gotten to watch it yet, and I can hardly wait. I mean, you figure a John Wayne movie with Maureen O'Hara and rowdy Irishmen has to be good, right?! I think so.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com