Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Am our children learning?

In the inevitable ream of papers the kids brought home to be signed yesterday, there was one interesting one that Oldest had. It was the sheet that says you have read and understood the rules of choir class. Aside from the obvious humor in thinking of choir as just another one of the multitude of classes, such as Shop, that seem to breed misbehavior, there was the actual set of rules themselves. Being a dutiful parent, before signing the sheet I read over them and noticed this passage:

"...you must have your choir folder and pencil in your hand when the role is called."

I read the rest of the sheet and sure enough, it's "role" throughout.

Yes, I know, improper spelling does not necessarily indicate a lack of intelligence, and I misspell words all the time, but, still. I mean, the front of the roll book says "ROLL BOOK" on it.

I imagine choir is going to be quite an experience.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com