Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Monday, January 05, 2004

So…

The first unbelievable tale is that I actually got to sleep late Saturday morning!!

Although, in the technical, truest sense that’s not quite accurate, but I have come to the point where I take what I can get.

Little Boy has his own alarm clock in his room that he occasionally sets--he never turns it off, and it never wakes him up, but it does go off and wakes ME up. It bleepbleepbleep…bleepbleepbleep…bleepbleepbleeps for a minute or two then cuts itself off. It did this around 6 Saturday, so I sorta woke up from that. But went back to sleep. Ahhhhh.

Then later, there was some sort of crashing bump and loud giggles. Rebecca was now awake, and had gone into Boy’s room so they could practice their screaming and demolition skills while watching cartoons. I drifted back and forth between awake and dreaming about doing naughty things--I would just get to a really, REALLY good part, and then there would be another rumble and crash from down the hall.

Then Reba got up--this is usually the part of the morning when I guiltily roll out of bed. She went and got Cat up to go to the bathroom, then went to the bathroom herself, then MIRACLE OF MIRACLES, she GOT BACK IN BED!! I guess it was because all the laundry had gotten done the day before and she didn’t feel the need to get up so soon, but I didn’t ask why because I DIDN’T CARE WHY!

Of course, with three-quarters of the children awake, and the one of them with a freshly-emptied bladder now bouncing on the end of the bed loudly demanding to watch DragonTales, it’s not like I was going to be able to have any real fun, but it sure was nice for once to be able to wallow around and stretch and creak and pop and snuggle and doze and not have to get out from under the covers at the crack of dawn.

Managed to stay that way until after 9, and believe it or not, I was the one to say we needed to get up!! Strange…BUT TRUE!!

Next: Many Happy Returns. (Well, many returns, with only some of them happy.)


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com