Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Speaking of Minnesota...

Toni Albani, spoken of in the comments below and acknowledged as Possumblog News Service's Chief Gopher State Reporter, sends along the following:
Terry

I ran into this little ditty and immediately thought about you. I've got to go now and put on my Nanook suit to snowblow my driveway - AGAIN. Winter decided to visit us this week and after the snow comes the cold and wind! We go negative for the first time this winter supposedly tonight. Mark that on your calendar.

Toni
Is That Seat Taken?

Mr. Dodd had tickets for the Alabama-Auburn football game. As he sat down, another man came down from the less expensive seats and asked if anyone was sitting in the seat next to him. ''No,'' he said, ''the seat is empty.''

"This is incredible,'' said the man. '''Who in his right mind would have a seat like this for the Alabama-Auburn game and not use it?''

Dodd replied: ''Well, actually the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Alabama-Auburn game we haven't been to together since we got married in 1957.''

The second man said: ''Oh ... I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else--a friend or relative--to take the seat?''

Mr. Dodd shook his head, and replied: ''No. They're all at the funeral.''
Thanks for that report, Toni! All you Yankees stay warm tonight--and all of us'ns, too! It's going all the way down to 31 tonight!


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com