Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Thursday, November 06, 2003

More Real Life than you can shake a stick at.

Yesterday was full of catching up on work that I missed Monday and Tuesday, which explains the dearth of stupid stuff I usually post. I was hoping that today I would be in a stupid stuff free-fire zone, but when I got home last evening to the loving embrace of my family, I was informed that Miss Reba had received a call that Middle Girl's soccer team will be having to play one of their tournament games TOMORROW NIGHT! At 6:30!

Which means that Reba and I are going to have to take off half a day tomorrow to finish getting ready and to be ready to scoop up the kids and head to Huntsville the moment the last bell rings at school. This little turn of events also made it necessary to extend our stay at the lovely Holiday Inn-Research Park by another day. Fortune smiled on us as I called at 9:30 last night to see if they would have any rooms available for us; they did, although it's going to be another one of the ones with a single king sized bed, a queen sleeper sofa, and the always comfortable roll-away bed.

All of that to say that not only was yesterday notably devoid of anything worth reading, likewise today and tomorrow will be equally shy of content, so that I can get all my paying work done. And done TODAY.

So, as always, be sure to patronize all the other fine folks up top there in my absence and at some point here in the next few days I will be able to crank up the Blather Generator.

Now, off to work.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com