Possumblog

Not in the clamor of the crowded street, not in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but in ourselves, are triumph and defeat.--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

REDIRECT ALERT! (Scroll down past this mess if you're trying to read an archived post. Thanks. No, really, thanks.)

Due to my inability to control my temper and complacently accept continued silliness with not-quite-as-reliable-as-it-ought-to-be Blogger/Blogspot, your beloved Possumblog will now waddle across the Information Dirt Road and park its prehensile tail at http://possumblog.mu.nu.

This site will remain in place as a backup in case Munuvia gets hit by a bus or something, but I don't think they have as much trouble with this as some places do. ::cough::blogspot::cough:: So click here and adjust your links. I apologize for the inconvenience, but it's one of those things.


Friday, November 14, 2003

Date Night. Kinda.

In that the kids will be spending the night at their grandparents, and Reba and I will be attending a big to-do downtown, it is a date.

Making it less so of a date (but sending it way up the Odd-ometer) is that My Friend Jeff will be meeting us, and the event in question is the spectacular, super de-dooper Birmingham INTERNATIONAL Auto Show.

Obviously, this show is not quite the same as the other Birmingham International Auto Show, but it will have Scooby Doo, and Arnold.

This little soiree would obviously be more fun if it were a double date including My Friend Jeff's Wife, My Friend Cathy, but she is tremendously great with child and for some reason didn't really want to walk around looking at cars. I don't really know if Reba wants to walk around that much, either, but she said she would just clean house and do laundry if she stayed home. Now, I would be a real heel to go off and have fun while she did that, so I convinced her to come along so I wouldn't have to feel the burning pain of my shame and guilt as I sat in various high-dollar merchandise and practiced my silent flatulence skills. It is all about me, you know.

So that's for this evening, and then tomorrow the Tiny Girl has her next-to-last soccer game, and we have a dinner to go to at church, and all the other stuff to be done, and things, and all.

And there's a football game to watch, although I just can't bring myself to try to predict the outcome of this one.

Anyway, as I said this morning, all of you have a good weekend and I'll see you bright and early Monday.


Comments: Post a Comment

al.com - Alabama Weblogs


free hit counter
Visits since 12/20/2001--
so what if they're mostly me!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't
yours?
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com